The Life of a Bartending Seminarian

"I'm learning to surrender; I'm learning to forgive; I'm learning to recieve all the love; All the love You have for me." ~ Isa Couvertier

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Listening to your elders

I was talking to my Mammo on the phone today. She is 85. She still lives by herself, but is getting to where she needs a lot of help. Her mind is starting to go. In our 15 minute phone conversation she asked me 6 times where I was. But she could remember details of the house she lived in while in Connecticut nearly 30 years ago. As we were getting off the phone, she gave me a piece of advice, that, no matter how cheesy, I have to appreciate. "Make every day a good day. Enjoy the memories you are making now. One day, it isn't going to be a good day. But when you have those bad days, you are able to call on those memories for the good days. So, make today a good day, and tomorrow too sweetie. And I hope you have more good days than bad days."

Time are tough right now. I know everyone has such busy lives, between work, school, family, etc. Right now I am so bogged down between working and going to school (both full time) that sometimes I forget to unload the dishwasher or buy toothpaste. My stress level is probably at its highest. But talking to Mammo today made me realize, she's right. These are good days. I need to enjoy them, and store them away for when times are tough(er). I may be stressed, worn out, financially strained; but Autumn is approaching, I have two puppies who greet me like I'm their queen every day, a boy who brings me flowers and friends who call to check in. Days may be tough and long, but they are good. So, today is a good day for me. It is a good day.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:17 AM, Blogger The Bean said…

    I like that. Cheesey or not. :) I have posted some Baby Bean pics for you so check them out!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home