The Life of a Bartending Seminarian

"I'm learning to surrender; I'm learning to forgive; I'm learning to recieve all the love; All the love You have for me." ~ Isa Couvertier

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Florida

Sorry for the posting delay. Wednesday I said my final goodbyes to NYC as I climbed into the fancy car that had been called for my departure. (I'm not talking yellow taxi here, think black town car and a driver with a tie!) If you gotta go, might as well go in style! I flew in to Pensacola, where my dad picked me up.














This weekend family was flying and driving in from Albania, Texas, Vermont, Orlando and Atlanta to celebrate the marriage of my cousin Ben to Kara. We were all there when they were engaged at Christmas, and it was great to come back together for their wedding! So my weekend was full of dressing up, eating and cleaning up.














The wedding was beautiful, and it really made me appreciate what a wonderful family I have. I was sitting in awe at lunch yesterday, in my grandfather's kitchen, where we have gathered so many times before, listening to the intelligent conversation flowing around me. All of the cousins are grown up now; working on master's, opening new companies, buying homes, having babies. I listened as Robert and Mary Grace argued about the importance of Globalization and as my father and MG debated the many sides of democracy. It was far cry from the conversations of school plays and forts in the woods from our childhood. I am just so blessed to have grown up with these cousins who are both family and friend.

I head out tomorrow for SLAPOUT, Alabama. (Tripp made the comment that it is pretty ironic that I am going from New York City, to Slapout. I agree) And I couldn't be more excited to see Stephanie, Brian, and hopefully Nick and Laura!! Then, it is off to Atlanta for a couple days, then FINALLY back in Kentucky on Friday!! The rest of this month includes a little more traveling, to Lake J and then to Memphis. So be praying for safe travels, and watch out...you never know, I might end up on your door step!!! :)

3 Comments:

  • At 4:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Yay! Come to my doorstep. But only if it's one word. :-)

    And let's look at tattoos. Any hearts for me yet?

     
  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger Adam said…

    wait a second...I thought Nashville was in your plans too...no love for the best city in the world?

     
  • At 8:16 PM, Blogger Laura Mielke said…

    Liz, so good to meet you finally. Had a great time at dinner!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home