The Life of a Bartending Seminarian

"I'm learning to surrender; I'm learning to forgive; I'm learning to recieve all the love; All the love You have for me." ~ Isa Couvertier

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Ahhh the city life

Yesterday was a GREAT day. I ran home after work to change and grab a blanket, then back on the subway to meet my friends at Central Park's Summer Stage. They had gotten there really early, so they had a great spot right on the fence line. Damien Rice and Fiona Apple were giving a benefit concert for the park, and tickets were $50. But, it was also an outside concert, so you could get right up to the fence line and hear just as well as anyone inside the fence, with a lot more room! We were sitting in a field of wood chips, which wasn't the most comfortable thing ever, but we had our own tree, and that proved to be a nice back rest. Before the concert we told stories of the day, and started a game that was really just an elaborate way to people-watch. When Damien came on, I sat, captivated by his voice. I could really listen to him all day long. I have often said that he has the best break up music, but without the sad memories. He played all my favorites, and the songs I didn't know I still enjoyed. In between Damien and Fiona, a guy came and sat on the other side of our tree. We were trying to make up a story for him, when we realized he was writing in a journal. Valerie thought it would be funny if we could so what he was writing, so Christina acted like she was posing for a picture, but really Valerie just zoomed in behind her and got a slightly fuzzy shot of what he was writing. We couldn't make it all out, but it was something about wanting to write a song in a basement with beer. We for whatever reason, got a really big kick out of that. Slight invasion of privacy, yes. But funny all the same.


After the concert, we stopped at Tasti Delight for ice cream. Mary, you would have loved it. We walked in, and proudly hanging on the wall was a certificate with pictures announcing that this was THE Tasti Delight featured in one of the episodes of Sex in the City! Crazy. The ice cream was so good on the hot summer night after a great night in the park with amazing music. I couldn't imagine anything better!

Today I had my own city adventure. One of my (very random) goals of the summer was to walk home from work. Let me clarify by saying that I work on 120th St. and live on 11th St. It took me two and half hours, but I made it! By the time I got back, I was so proud of myself! So to celebrate Emily, Michelle, Margaret and I went out for ice cream! (sense a pattern? :) My only other (very random) goal of the summer is to order Chinese take-out at 4am. We plan on accomplishing this goal tomorrow night! (since we can sleep in on Saturday)

It is still hard to believe that this is my last weekend!! I have a lot to cram in just a few days!!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home