The Life of a Bartending Seminarian

"I'm learning to surrender; I'm learning to forgive; I'm learning to recieve all the love; All the love You have for me." ~ Isa Couvertier

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Everyone's got one

Adam has a Pro-Polygamy Rally, Valerie has Fritos and Monkey Biscuts, and Shannah, even though she doesn't have a blog, has hippies named Jade (the mom) and Lavender (the dad) giving birth in a field and biting off umbilical cords. (gross) So, here is my most recent fun work story - hope it measures up:

Friday night I was working a large party, a wedding rehersal dinner. (yes, let's please celebrate marriage in the true redneck fashion at Tony Roma's!) I had one kid at my table, well, I call him a kid, he was probably 18 or 19. Every time I came up to him, to drop off a drink, take an order, etc., he would profess his undying love for me.

Kid: "I love you"
Me: "Um, ok."
Kid: "No really, I am in love with you."
Me: "You don't even know my name."
Kid: "It's Liz. Liz, I love you."
Me: "Right. Would you like another Pepsi?"

It was never said in a creepy-stalker kind of way. More of the sad puppy-dog eyed way. Towards the end of the night, I came up to remove his plate.

Kid: "You know I love you."
Me: "That's what I hear."
Kid: "I made this for you."
Me: (recieving the paper airplane he obviously worked so hard on) "Um, thanks."

3 Comments:

  • At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ROFL! Awww...

     
  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    Now that is some wooing right there...a plane, how romantic!

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So, what's wrong with that. How do you think I got Mary to propose to me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home