The Life of a Bartending Seminarian

"I'm learning to surrender; I'm learning to forgive; I'm learning to recieve all the love; All the love You have for me." ~ Isa Couvertier

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

All Things New

So, since I've been here in the great NYC for all of two weeks (as of tomorrow at least) I have done a little reflecting, and have realized that I have a lot of things now that I didn't have two weeks ago. (I could list the things I no longer have - access to my puppies, friends, boyfriend, bed, car, or nature in general) But this is supposed to be a happy post, so I am listing the things I DO have now - some things I honestly never expected to ever have!

I have:
1) A New York City address!
(275 W. 11st New York, NY 10014 for all you snail mail writers!!)
2) A commute to work
(which was very scary at first - the subway that is - but now I do believe I am quite used to it! In fact, I use my subway time to read which is a great way to start off my day!)
3) An office
4) An office with a VIEW
(see previous post)
5) My own work phone line
(I don't think I should necessarily post that number for all the free world to see - but if anyone is interested in calling at work, let me know - I have my own line I can answer!)
6) Blisters on my feet from ridiculous work shoes and the hike I have to make to and from the subway.
7) A job with a purpose.
(Ok, so this may only be an internship, and sure, other jobs before have had purpose, but here I am creating resources that will be used by the Global Methodist Church!! I created a power point presentation that will be used as an introduction for a speech on the latest UN Millennium Goals in Seoul, Korea in two weeks!! I think that is pretty exciting!)
8) Access to resources that I never knew exsisted but would have been OH so helpful on papers I have written over the years.
9) A subway pass
10) Access to a city full of culture and musuems and music
11) A view of the Empire State Building from my room
12) The opportunity to meet missionaries from around the world!
13) A whole new waredrobe for this "real job"
14) Free time.
(I have always been in school - night times have always been filled with studying. Now, I have a job that, when I am done for the day, I am done for the day! I can go home, relax, and read WHATEVER I want!!)
15) A running route along the Hudson River
16) I am soon to have incredibly awesome leg muscles from all the walking I do around here!
17) Good friends that call, text message, and email to check up on me.
(You guys don't know how much that helps!!!)
18) A great bakery right across the street from a great bookstore, just a few yards from my door
19) The opportunity for some really cool pictures
20) A great beginning for a book/short story....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home