The Life of a Bartending Seminarian

"I'm learning to surrender; I'm learning to forgive; I'm learning to recieve all the love; All the love You have for me." ~ Isa Couvertier

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The View from up here

While I still have a little lunch break left, I thought I would post a little bit about where I work. My office is located on the 13th floor of The Interchurch Center. This building was built in the 1950s with Rockafeller money on top of an old tennis court. The building was designed to house the city's major church and non-profit organizations. The dream was that this building would be a place where Christian, Muslim, Jew and anyone else inbetween could come together to work for the common good of the community and the world. Each floor holds a different faith or a different denomination. It is pretty cool to know that I am working within such close vacinity to so many who are just wanting to do good for the world!

Where I am specifically, I have my very own office, with my very own laptop, my very own view (well, maybe that isn't my very own - I kinda share that!) and my very own spinning chair! Yay for spinning chairs. I am surrounded by books - which is like a nerdy-dream come true. I am about half-way through organizing and catologing the library. When I finish this project (hopefully by the end of the week!) I can move onto the research part of my internship.

Ok, lunch break is nearly up. So I will leave you with a couple of pictures of the view from my office....



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home