The Life of a Bartending Seminarian

"I'm learning to surrender; I'm learning to forgive; I'm learning to recieve all the love; All the love You have for me." ~ Isa Couvertier

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Pretty in Pink??

(Amanda, Cassandra, Jessica and I at the rehersal)

Well, my morning started off as the sun was rising about 6am. After a quick shower, I went to pick up Jessica. We ran all over town, picking up dresses, dropping off tuxes, taking some cute pictures, and getting our hair done. I sweat the hairdresser used no less than 100 hair pins in my head!!! We got to the church early - so we had plenty of time to dress and eat a light snack. We had pictures before the ceremony, and then we waited anxiously in the side room for everything to get under way. I know that I was way more nervous than Jessica was - she was just this serenely beautiful bride, waiting for her father to give her away. The ceremony was quickly, but lovely. The reception was cute - with too much food.

(Myself and the bride moments before she walked down the isle)

The dresses were bright, the bride was floating, my hair was leaving a trail of pins, and the ring-bearer was a hoot. (Last night at the rehersal he kept walking down the isle yelling, "But why are you making me do this!?!" It was so funny!) All the stress, the planning, the eating, the running around, the exhaustion, the money, the time, the prayers, and the laughter....all came together to create a beautiful day to start off their new life together. I pray for and wish them all the best.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I like the flowers.

    That dress makes me think of the line "My colors are BLUSH and BASHFUL."

     
  • At 7:29 PM, Blogger Liz said…

    THANK YOU!! Glad some else thought that line too! =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home