The Life of a Bartending Seminarian

"I'm learning to surrender; I'm learning to forgive; I'm learning to recieve all the love; All the love You have for me." ~ Isa Couvertier

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

New York, New York

So, I leave at the butt-crack of dawn tomorrow morning for a summer adventure in New York. I am a little overwhelmed, highly excited, a little sad, and compeletly worn out. So, before I go - just wanted to share some things I think I will miss about Kentucky, and things I will love in New York. I appreciate all prayers, emails, and phone calls this summer. Love you all!!












What I will miss:
-Kentucky sunsets - there is nothing like watching a larger-than-life orange ball sink slowly into the rolling horse farms here.
-The color green.
-Kris - I have grown so used to having him at my beck and call - being 10 hours away won't be easy.











-Doug and Dave - my very favorite, very high class, very gay, very comical regulars at the bar that come to see me at least twice a week.
-My puppies - enough said.
-My pillow - it is really the best thing in the world!

What I will love:
-A change of scenery
-Having a "real job" where I have to get dressed up for every day
-Buildings
-Travel options (I am going to be a three hour train ride from both Boston -aka Lane and Mary- and DC - aka Tripp-)
-The Muffin Shop - there is apparently this incredible muffin shop two blocks from where I will be living - three seperate people have told me to go there!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Liz said…

    As for the pillow - there was absolutly, positivily no room left in either of my two suitcases, or my two carryons!! And the thought of carrying two carryons, a purse, a jacket and a pillow seemed a bit absurd. But, I do love Nick's idea of shoving Kris into the pillow. =) Too bad I didnt think of that earlier!

    Well, I am here now - and so very overwhelmed. Probably mostly because I only slept for 45 minutes last night!!! My family is actually in New York on a church trip, so I get to have dinner with them tonight - which is fabulous. That will help settle in a litte I think.

    Right now I am getting ready to go explore my street in hopes of finding food!!! Thanks for the prayers!!

     
  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    you should definitely mail me a muffin from any excellent muffin shop that you find in new york.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home