The Life of a Bartending Seminarian

"I'm learning to surrender; I'm learning to forgive; I'm learning to recieve all the love; All the love You have for me." ~ Isa Couvertier

Sunday, November 26, 2006

I'm Thankful for:

We have been talking in my LifeGroup about the amazing ways that God works. My pastor gave this image of God putting things in our left hand things that we have entrusted to Him and He had done for us. Miracles if you will. In our right hands we are holding things that we are yet to turn over to Him, yet to release our hold on. But we are called to live in the light of the left hand, the amazing works God has done, trusting that we can move the things from our right hand to our left and He will be faithful. Sometimes it is fun to see the ways that He accomplishes the things we didn't even know were possible. So, in recognition of the season, here are just a few of the things in my left hand from this year so far. Some are HUGE and some may seem trivial, but it just shows how much God loves to love us.

*Financial provision for the most expensive semester yet
*Not ever getting lost on the subway in NYC
*God providing companionship and comfort in the lonely times this summer
*Being released from being the one friends depend on in an unhealthy manner
*Kris coming to church
*Getting to see my Grandmother again
*Finally relating to my sister in a way that is not judgemental or overprotective
*Entering into a community that helps me to grow
*Giving up my banner of Independence for dependence on Christ
*Convincing my roommate that Christmas lights go up AFTER Thanksgiving
*Stephanie is having a baby!
*Teaching Hank and Abbey to shake at the same time
*Thanksgiving dinner going off without a hitch

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home