The Life of a Bartending Seminarian

"I'm learning to surrender; I'm learning to forgive; I'm learning to recieve all the love; All the love You have for me." ~ Isa Couvertier

Monday, April 09, 2007

Big News!!!

I got a job!!! As of today I accepted a position with the General Board of Global Ministries as a Mission Intern.

I graduate May 19th - and I start my training for the mission position in NYC mid-June and then I will be sent for my overseas placement the end of August!! I do not yet know where my international placement will be, but as soon as I know I will post here to share with everyone!! I am super excited about the next steps the Lord has set before me, and would ask for your prayers as I am preparing for the next few months. I have been educationally preparing for the last four years and spiritually preparing for many more years than that to be used for God's mission and am pleased that He has called me to work with the Methodist Church in Social Justice mission.

Thank you for all your prayers the last few months - they have meant so much to me. Can't wait to start sharing stories from somewhere overseas!!

3 Comments:

  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger Mary said…

    Obviously you were accepted!
    Congratulations, that's amazing.

     
  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger The Bean said…

    That's Awesome! Congrats and tell us more soon!

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger Nickel said…

    Congrats Liz!!! I know you've been excited about this opportunity. Best wishes! -Nicole

     

Post a Comment

<< Home