The Life of a Bartending Seminarian

"I'm learning to surrender; I'm learning to forgive; I'm learning to recieve all the love; All the love You have for me." ~ Isa Couvertier

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Rainy days

So today was going to be the perfect day off. I woke up to the sound of rain on my window, and the room was still dark, though it was quickly approaching noon. Ahhh...my first day off in two weeks. Knowing I didn't have to go into work today, I also took the day off from the gym, and from studying, and decided to let my mind and body rest. When I finally drug myself out of bed, I promptly went to my couch, wrapped myself in my favorite blanket and watched Judging Amy. For my afternoon activities I had planned to pay some bills, get my oiled changed and find some new candles and Bed, Bath and Beyond. But...then my perfectly lazy, rainy day was spoiled. David called in sick to work, and guess who got called in. Lovely. I know that is probably very selfish of me, but I was quite enjoying my day off, knowing that I won't see another one of those for at least two weeks. (I don't even get my birthday off!) So I went into work, and of course it was slow. By the time I got off work and back home on my couch, the rain had stopped. My plans to spend most of the day in my favorite pjs doing nothing but enjoying the rain were thwarted. So, here I am, getting ready to go to bed, knowing tomorrow is back to normal. I'll rise bright and early to the weatherman's prediction of sunny skies, head to the gym, then to another 12 hour day at work, from which I will return home to clean the kitchen and study for the BCE. Sometimes, I don't like being grown up, and somedays I don't like sunshine. Sometimes, I just want it to rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home