The Life of a Bartending Seminarian

"I'm learning to surrender; I'm learning to forgive; I'm learning to recieve all the love; All the love You have for me." ~ Isa Couvertier

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Done! (can I have a cookie now?)

Ha! I fought the boxes and the boxes lost. I am now about 75 pounds of junk lighter in my life!! Five trash bags and three sell piles later, my life is finally consolidated to only the necessary and too-attached-to-throw-away junk!! Instead of box upon useless box, I have a closet with 6 boxes that contain everything I own in the world. Three boxes of books, one of pictures, one of momentos from my travels and one of other random crap to which I am still kinda attached. =) But it is done!

As I was putting away the last box, throwing away the last trash bag, my roommate comes home. "Look!" I exclaimed, so proud of myself for being productive, "I finished!" He just shook his head and said, "You still have too much stuff." Sigh...I guess I'll never really win. But for now, we'll pretend, because this is as good as it is going to get for awhile!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    This blog has taken a turn for the worse. I mean, we're all friends here, but gross.

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    and since no one has given you the permission you asked for (which really is the whole reason you started this blog, isn't it?) Yes, you can have a cookie.

     
  • At 11:26 PM, Blogger Liz said…

    Thanks Val - instead of the cookie, I went for the ice cream...you know me! =) My next big project is the jungle I call my back yard!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home